Health Insurance Providers in Alabama
Health Insurance in Alabama
Alabama Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: AL vs. U.S. 
- Alabama residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $179 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Alabama was
24% less than the national average of $235.
- Alabama ranked 2nd in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Alabama
- Health Insurance Coverage: AL vs. U.S. 
- In Alabama, 86.4% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Alabama in 2013 was
1% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Alabama ranks 27th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Alabama
- 2012 AL Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Alabama residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $179.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in AL was
21% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Alabama ranked 3rd in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Alabama
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Alabama
Health Care Expenses in Alabama 
Residents in the state of Alabama spent an average of $6272 per capita on health care expenses, which was
8% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Alabama 
Residents of Alabama spent 34% on Hospital Care 25% on Physician and Clinical Services and 41% on everything else.
Additional information about Alabama
The population of the state of Alabama is approximately 4,779,736, which ranks 23rd in the nation. 
AL Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Alabama, or for additional resources about Alabama Health Insurance, visit the Alabama Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)