Health Insurance Providers in Alaska
Health Insurance in Alaska
Alaska Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: AK vs. U.S. 
- Alaska residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $345 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Alaska was
47% greater than the national average of $235.
- Alaska ranked 47th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Alaska
- Health Insurance Coverage: AK vs. U.S. 
- In Alaska, 81.5% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Alaska in 2013 was
5% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Alaska ranks 46th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Alaska
- 2012 AK Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Alaska residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $346.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in AK was
52% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Alaska ranked 48th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Alaska
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Alaska
Health Care Expenses in Alaska 
Residents in the state of Alaska spent an average of $9128 per capita on health care expenses, which was
34% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Alaska 
Residents of Alaska spent 42% on Hospital Care 28% on Physician and Clinical Services and 29% on everything else.
Additional information about Alaska
The population of the state of Alaska is approximately 710,231, which ranks 50th in the nation. 
AK Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Alaska, or for additional resources about Alaska Health Insurance, visit the Alaska Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)