Health Insurance Providers in Arizona
Health Insurance in Arizona
Arizona Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: AZ vs. U.S. 
- Arizona residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $216 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Arizona was
8% less than the national average of $235.
- Arizona ranked 14th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Arizona
- Health Insurance Coverage: AZ vs. U.S. 
- In Arizona, 82.9% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Arizona in 2013 was
3% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Arizona ranks 43rd in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Arizona
- 2012 AZ Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Arizona residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $212.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in AZ was
7% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Arizona ranked 15th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Arizona
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Arizona
Health Care Expenses in Arizona 
Residents in the state of Arizona spent an average of $5434 per capita on health care expenses, which was
20% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Arizona 
Residents of Arizona spent 36% on Hospital Care 27% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about Arizona
The population of the state of Arizona is approximately 6,392,017, which ranks 18th in the nation. 
AZ Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Arizona, or for additional resources about Arizona Health Insurance, visit the Arizona Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)