Health Insurance Providers in Arkansas
Health Insurance in Arkansas
Arkansas Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: AR vs. U.S. 
- Arkansas residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $184 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Arkansas was
22% less than the national average of $235.
- Arkansas ranked 5th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Arkansas
- Health Insurance Coverage: AR vs. U.S. 
- In Arkansas, 84.0% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Arkansas in 2013 was
2% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Arkansas ranks 38th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Arkansas
- 2012 AR Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Arkansas residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $182.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in AR was
20% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Arkansas ranked 4th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Arkansas
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Arkansas
Health Care Expenses in Arkansas 
Residents in the state of Arkansas spent an average of $6167 per capita on health care expenses, which was
10% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Arkansas 
Residents of Arkansas spent 36% on Hospital Care 24% on Physician and Clinical Services and 40% on everything else.
Additional information about Arkansas
The population of the state of Arkansas is approximately 2,915,918, which ranks 32nd in the nation. 
AR Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Arkansas, or for additional resources about Arkansas Health Insurance, visit the Arkansas Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)