Health Insurance Providers in California
Health Insurance in California
California Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: CA vs. U.S. 
- California residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $225 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in California was
4% less than the national average of $235.
- California ranked 18th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in California
- Health Insurance Coverage: CA vs. U.S. 
- In California, 82.8% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in California in 2013 was
3% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- California ranks 44th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in California
- 2012 CA Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, California residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $207.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in CA was
9% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, California ranked 10th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for California
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in California
Health Care Expenses in California 
Residents in the state of California spent an average of $6238 per capita on health care expenses, which was
8% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in California 
Residents of California spent 33% on Hospital Care 29% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about California
The population of the state of California is approximately 37,253,956, which ranks 1st in the nation. 
CA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in California, or for additional resources about California Health Insurance, visit the California Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)