Health Insurance Providers in Delaware
Health Insurance in Delaware
Delaware Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: DE vs. U.S. 
- Delaware residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $272 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Delaware was
16% greater than the national average of $235.
- Delaware ranked 38th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Delaware
- Health Insurance Coverage: DE vs. U.S. 
- In Delaware, 90.9% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Delaware in 2013 was
6% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Delaware ranks 8th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Delaware
- 2012 DE Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Delaware residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $302.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in DE was
33% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Delaware ranked 45th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Delaware
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Delaware
Health Care Expenses in Delaware 
Residents in the state of Delaware spent an average of $8480 per capita on health care expenses, which was
24% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Delaware 
Residents of Delaware spent 37% on Hospital Care 23% on Physician and Clinical Services and 40% on everything else.
Additional information about Delaware
The population of the state of Delaware is approximately 897,934, which ranks 47th in the nation. 
DE Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Delaware, or for additional resources about Delaware Health Insurance, visit the Delaware Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)