Health Insurance Providers in Georgia
Health Insurance in Georgia
Georgia Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: GA vs. U.S. 
- Georgia residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $180 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Georgia was
23% less than the national average of $235.
- Georgia ranked 3rd in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Georgia
- Health Insurance Coverage: GA vs. U.S. 
- In Georgia, 81.2% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Georgia in 2013 was
5% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Georgia ranks 48th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Georgia
- 2012 GA Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Georgia residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $193.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in GA was
15% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Georgia ranked 7th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Georgia
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Georgia
Health Care Expenses in Georgia 
Residents in the state of Georgia spent an average of $5467 per capita on health care expenses, which was
20% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Georgia 
Residents of Georgia spent 35% on Hospital Care 27% on Physician and Clinical Services and 38% on everything else.
Additional information about Georgia
The population of the state of Georgia is approximately 9,687,653, which ranks 9th in the nation. 
GA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Georgia, or for additional resources about Georgia Health Insurance, visit the Georgia Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The average family of four in the United States spends about $20,728 per year on healthcare.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)