Health Insurance Providers in Hawaii
Health Insurance in Hawaii
Hawaii Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: HI vs. U.S. 
- Hawaii residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $268 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Hawaii was
14% greater than the national average of $235.
- Hawaii ranked 36th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Hawaii
- Health Insurance Coverage: HI vs. U.S. 
- In Hawaii, 93.3% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Hawaii in 2013 was
9% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Hawaii ranks 2nd in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Hawaii
- 2012 HI Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Hawaii residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $257.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in HI was
13% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Hawaii ranked 37th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Hawaii
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Hawaii
Health Care Expenses in Hawaii 
Residents in the state of Hawaii spent an average of $6856 per capita on health care expenses, which was
1% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Hawaii 
Residents of Hawaii spent 36% on Hospital Care 27% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about Hawaii
The population of the state of Hawaii is approximately 1,360,301, which ranks 42nd in the nation. 
HI Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Hawaii, or for additional resources about Hawaii Health Insurance, visit the Hawaii Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)