Health Insurance Providers in Illinois
Health Insurance in Illinois
Illinois Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: IL vs. U.S. 
- Illinois residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $247 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Illinois was
5% greater than the national average of $235.
- Illinois ranked 33rd in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Illinois
- Health Insurance Coverage: IL vs. U.S. 
- In Illinois, 87.3% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Illinois in 2013 was
2% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Illinois ranks 23rd in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Illinois
- 2012 IL Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Illinois residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $242.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in IL was
7% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Illinois ranked 34th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Illinois
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Illinois
Health Care Expenses in Illinois 
Residents in the state of Illinois spent an average of $6756 per capita on health care expenses, which was
1% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Illinois 
Residents of Illinois spent 40% on Hospital Care 23% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about Illinois
The population of the state of Illinois is approximately 12,830,632, which ranks 7th in the nation. 
IL Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Illinois, or for additional resources about Illinois Health Insurance, visit the Illinois Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)