Health Insurance Providers in Indiana
Health Insurance in Indiana
Indiana Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: IN vs. U.S. 
- Indiana residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $239 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Indiana was
2% greater than the national average of $235.
- Indiana ranked 28th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Indiana
- Health Insurance Coverage: IN vs. U.S. 
- In Indiana, 86.0% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Indiana in 2013 was
1% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Indiana ranks 30th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Indiana
- 2012 IN Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Indiana residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $228.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in IN was
0% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Indiana ranked 24th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Indiana
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Indiana
Health Care Expenses in Indiana 
Residents in the state of Indiana spent an average of $6666 per capita on health care expenses, which was
2% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Indiana 
Residents of Indiana spent 39% on Hospital Care 23% on Physician and Clinical Services and 38% on everything else.
Additional information about Indiana
The population of the state of Indiana is approximately 6,483,802, which ranks 14th in the nation. 
IN Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Indiana, or for additional resources about Indiana Health Insurance, visit the Indiana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 1960, an average of $147 was spent per person on health care in the U.S. In 2009: $8,086/person.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)