Health Insurance Providers in Iowa
Iowa Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: IA vs. U.S. 
- Iowa residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $251 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Iowa was
7% greater than the national average of $235.
- Iowa ranked 35th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Iowa
- Health Insurance Coverage: IA vs. U.S. 
- In Iowa, 91.9% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Iowa in 2013 was
7% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Iowa ranks 5th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Iowa
- 2012 IA Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Iowa residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $237.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in IA was
4% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Iowa ranked 32nd in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Iowa
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Iowa
Health Care Expenses in Iowa 
Residents in the state of Iowa spent an average of $6921 per capita on health care expenses, which was
2% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Iowa 
Residents of Iowa spent 39% on Hospital Care 20% on Physician and Clinical Services and 41% on everything else.
Additional information about Iowa
The population of the state of Iowa is approximately 3,046,355, which ranks 30th in the nation. 
IA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Iowa, or for additional resources about Iowa Health Insurance, visit the Iowa Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)