Health Insurance Providers in Kentucky
Health Insurance in Kentucky
Kentucky Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: KY vs. U.S. 
- Kentucky residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $231 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Kentucky was
2% less than the national average of $235.
- Kentucky ranked 23rd in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Kentucky
- Health Insurance Coverage: KY vs. U.S. 
- In Kentucky, 85.7% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Kentucky in 2013 was
0% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Kentucky ranks 34th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Kentucky
- 2012 KY Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Kentucky residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $233.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in KY was
3% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Kentucky ranked 31st in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Kentucky
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Kentucky
Health Care Expenses in Kentucky 
Residents in the state of Kentucky spent an average of $6596 per capita on health care expenses, which was
3% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Kentucky 
Residents of Kentucky spent 40% on Hospital Care 22% on Physician and Clinical Services and 38% on everything else.
Additional information about Kentucky
The population of the state of Kentucky is approximately 4,339,367, which ranks 25th in the nation. 
KY Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Kentucky, or for additional resources about Kentucky Health Insurance, visit the Kentucky Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)