Health Insurance Providers in Louisiana
Health Insurance in Louisiana
Louisiana Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: LA vs. U.S. 
- Louisiana residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $249 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Louisiana was
6% greater than the national average of $235.
- Louisiana ranked 34th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Louisiana
- Health Insurance Coverage: LA vs. U.S. 
- In Louisiana, 83.4% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Louisiana in 2013 was
2% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Louisiana ranks 41st in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Louisiana
- 2012 LA Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Louisiana residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $244.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in LA was
7% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Louisiana ranked 35th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Louisiana
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Louisiana
Health Care Expenses in Louisiana 
Residents in the state of Louisiana spent an average of $6795 per capita on health care expenses, which was
0% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Louisiana 
Residents of Louisiana spent 37% on Hospital Care 23% on Physician and Clinical Services and 40% on everything else.
Additional information about Louisiana
The population of the state of Louisiana is approximately 4,533,372, which ranks 26th in the nation. 
LA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Louisiana, or for additional resources about Louisiana Health Insurance, visit the Louisiana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)