Health Insurance Providers in Maryland
Health Insurance in Maryland
Maryland Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: MD vs. U.S. 
- Maryland residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $180 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Maryland was
23% less than the national average of $235.
- Maryland ranked 4th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Maryland
- Health Insurance Coverage: MD vs. U.S. 
- In Maryland, 89.8% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Maryland in 2013 was
5% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Maryland ranks 11th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Maryland
- 2012 MD Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Maryland residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $168.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in MD was
26% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Maryland ranked 2nd in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Maryland
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Maryland
Health Care Expenses in Maryland 
Residents in the state of Maryland spent an average of $7492 per capita on health care expenses, which was
10% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Maryland 
Residents of Maryland spent 37% on Hospital Care 24% on Physician and Clinical Services and 39% on everything else.
Additional information about Maryland
The population of the state of Maryland is approximately 5,773,552, which ranks 20th in the nation. 
MD Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Maryland, or for additional resources about Maryland Health Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The average family of four in the United States spends about $20,728 per year on healthcare.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)