Health Insurance Providers in Massachusetts
Health Insurance in Massachusetts
Massachusetts Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: MA vs. U.S. 
- Massachusetts residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $456 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Massachusetts was
94% greater than the national average of $235.
- Massachusetts ranked 50th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Massachusetts
- Health Insurance Coverage: MA vs. U.S. 
- In Massachusetts, 96.3% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Massachusetts in 2013 was
13% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Massachusetts ranks 1st in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Massachusetts
- 2012 MA Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Massachusetts residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $454.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in MA was
100% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Massachusetts ranked 51st in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Massachusetts
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Massachusetts
Health Care Expenses in Massachusetts 
Residents in the state of Massachusetts spent an average of $9278 per capita on health care expenses, which was
36% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Massachusetts 
Residents of Massachusetts spent 38% on Hospital Care 22% on Physician and Clinical Services and 40% on everything else.
Additional information about Massachusetts
The population of the state of Massachusetts is approximately 6,547,629, which ranks 16th in the nation. 
MA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Massachusetts, or for additional resources about Massachusetts Health Insurance, visit the Massachusetts Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
ZIP Codes in Massachusetts
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)