Health Insurance Providers in Michigan
Health Insurance in Michigan
Michigan Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: MI vs. U.S. 
- Michigan residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $204 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Michigan was
13% less than the national average of $235.
- Michigan ranked 9th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Michigan
- Health Insurance Coverage: MI vs. U.S. 
- In Michigan, 89.0% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Michigan in 2013 was
4% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Michigan ranks 16th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Michigan
- 2012 MI Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Michigan residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $201.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in MI was
11% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Michigan ranked 8th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Michigan
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Michigan
Health Care Expenses in Michigan 
Residents in the state of Michigan spent an average of $6618 per capita on health care expenses, which was
3% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Michigan 
Residents of Michigan spent 41% on Hospital Care 21% on Physician and Clinical Services and 39% on everything else.
Additional information about Michigan
The population of the state of Michigan is approximately 9,883,640, which ranks 10th in the nation. 
MI Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Michigan, or for additional resources about Michigan Health Insurance, visit the Michigan Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The average family of four in the United States spends about $20,728 per year on healthcare.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)