Health Insurance Providers in Minnesota
Health Insurance in Minnesota
Minnesota Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: MN vs. U.S. 
- Minnesota residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $236 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Minnesota was
0% greater than the national average of $235.
- Minnesota ranked 25th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Minnesota
- Health Insurance Coverage: MN vs. U.S. 
- In Minnesota, 91.8% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Minnesota in 2013 was
7% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Minnesota ranks 6th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Minnesota
- 2012 MN Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Minnesota residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $231.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in MN was
2% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Minnesota ranked 28th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Minnesota
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Minnesota
Health Care Expenses in Minnesota 
Residents in the state of Minnesota spent an average of $7409 per capita on health care expenses, which was
9% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Minnesota 
Residents of Minnesota spent 35% on Hospital Care 22% on Physician and Clinical Services and 43% on everything else.
Additional information about Minnesota
The population of the state of Minnesota is approximately 5,303,925, which ranks 21st in the nation. 
MN Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Minnesota, or for additional resources about Minnesota Health Insurance, visit the Minnesota Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The average family of four in the United States spends about $20,728 per year on healthcare.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)