Health Insurance Providers in Mississippi
Health Insurance in Mississippi
Mississippi Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: MS vs. U.S. 
- Mississippi residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $213 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Mississippi was
9% less than the national average of $235.
- Mississippi ranked 13th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Mississippi
- Health Insurance Coverage: MS vs. U.S. 
- In Mississippi, 82.9% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Mississippi in 2013 was
3% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Mississippi ranks 42nd in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Mississippi
- 2012 MS Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Mississippi residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $210.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in MS was
7% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Mississippi ranked 13th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Mississippi
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Mississippi
Health Care Expenses in Mississippi 
Residents in the state of Mississippi spent an average of $6571 per capita on health care expenses, which was
4% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Mississippi 
Residents of Mississippi spent 42% on Hospital Care 21% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about Mississippi
The population of the state of Mississippi is approximately 2,967,297, which ranks 33rd in the nation. 
MS Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Mississippi, or for additional resources about Mississippi Health Insurance, visit the Mississippi Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)