Health Insurance Providers in Missouri
Health Insurance in Missouri
Missouri Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: MO vs. U.S. 
- Missouri residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $195 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Missouri was
17% less than the national average of $235.
- Missouri ranked 7th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Missouri
- Health Insurance Coverage: MO vs. U.S. 
- In Missouri, 87.0% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Missouri in 2013 was
2% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Missouri ranks 24th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Missouri
- 2012 MO Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Missouri residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $193.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in MO was
15% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Missouri ranked 6th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Missouri
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Missouri
Health Care Expenses in Missouri 
Residents in the state of Missouri spent an average of $6967 per capita on health care expenses, which was
2% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Missouri 
Residents of Missouri spent 45% on Hospital Care 18% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about Missouri
The population of the state of Missouri is approximately 5,988,927, which ranks 17th in the nation. 
MO Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Missouri, or for additional resources about Missouri Health Insurance, visit the Missouri Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)