Health Insurance Providers in Newark, NJ
Health Insurance in Newark, NJ
Newark Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance: Newark vs. U.S. (2013) 
- New Jersey residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $473.
- This average Health Insurance rate in New Jersey was
101% greater than the national average of $235.
- New Jersey ranked 51st in the nation in Health Insurance premiums in 2013
Health Insurance Coverage in Newark, NJ
- Health Insurance Coverage: Newark vs. U.S. 
- In New Jersey, 86.8% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in New Jersey in 2013 was
2% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- New Jersey ranks 25th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Premiums in Newark
- Health Insurance: Newark vs. U.S. (2012) 
- In 2012, New Jersey residents paid average Health Insurance rates of $452.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance premium in NJ was
99% greater than the national average of $227.
- New Jersey ranked 50th in the nation in Health Insurance premiums in 2012.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Newark, NJ
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Newark, NJ
Health Care Expenses in New Jersey 
Residents in the state of New Jersey spent an average of $7583 per capita on health care expenses, which was
11% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in New Jersey 
Residents of New Jersey spent 31% on Hospital Care 27% on Physician and Clinical Services and 42% on everything else.
Additional information about New Jersey
The city of Newark is located in Essex County in the state of New Jersey and has an approximate population of 277,140. 
Newark, NJ Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Newark, or for additional resources about Newark Health Insurance, visit the New Jersey Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)