Health Insurance Providers in New Mexico
Health Insurance in New Mexico
New Mexico Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: NM vs. U.S. 
- New Mexico residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $190 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in New Mexico was
19% less than the national average of $235.
- New Mexico ranked 6th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in New Mexico
- Health Insurance Coverage: NM vs. U.S. 
- In New Mexico, 81.4% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in New Mexico in 2013 was
5% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- New Mexico ranks 47th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in New Mexico
- 2012 NM Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, New Mexico residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $207.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in NM was
9% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, New Mexico ranked 11th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for New Mexico
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in New Mexico
Health Care Expenses in New Mexico 
Residents in the state of New Mexico spent an average of $6651 per capita on health care expenses, which was
2% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in New Mexico 
Residents of New Mexico spent 37% on Hospital Care 22% on Physician and Clinical Services and 41% on everything else.
Additional information about New Mexico
About New Mexico
The population of the state of New Mexico is approximately 2,059,179, which ranks 36th in the nation. 
NM Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in New Mexico, or for additional resources about New Mexico Health Insurance, visit the New Mexico Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)