Health Insurance Providers in New York
Health Insurance in New York
New York Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: NY vs. U.S. 
- New York residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $429 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in New York was
83% greater than the national average of $235.
- New York ranked 49th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in New York
- Health Insurance Coverage: NY vs. U.S. 
- In New York, 89.3% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in New York in 2013 was
4% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- New York ranks 14th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in New York
- 2012 NY Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, New York residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $263.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in NY was
16% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, New York ranked 40th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for New York
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in New York
Health Care Expenses in New York 
Residents in the state of New York spent an average of $8341 per capita on health care expenses, which was
22% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in New York 
Residents of New York spent 35% on Hospital Care 20% on Physician and Clinical Services and 44% on everything else.
Additional information about New York
About New York
The population of the state of New York is approximately 19,378,102, which ranks 4th in the nation. 
NY Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in New York, or for additional resources about New York Health Insurance, visit the New York Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 1960, an average of $147 was spent per person on health care in the U.S. In 2009: $8,086/person.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)