Health Insurance Providers in North Carolina
Health Insurance in North Carolina
North Carolina Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: NC vs. U.S. 
- North Carolina residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $240 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in North Carolina was
2% greater than the national average of $235.
- North Carolina ranked 29th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in North Carolina
- Health Insurance Coverage: NC vs. U.S. 
- In North Carolina, 84.4% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in North Carolina in 2013 was
1% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- North Carolina ranks 36th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in North Carolina
- 2012 NC Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, North Carolina residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $229.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in NC was
1% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, North Carolina ranked 25th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for North Carolina
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in North Carolina
Health Care Expenses in North Carolina 
Residents in the state of North Carolina spent an average of $6444 per capita on health care expenses, which was
5% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in North Carolina 
Residents of North Carolina spent 35% on Hospital Care 22% on Physician and Clinical Services and 43% on everything else.
Additional information about North Carolina
About North Carolina
The population of the state of North Carolina is approximately 9,535,483, which ranks 8th in the nation. 
NC Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in North Carolina, or for additional resources about North Carolina Health Insurance, visit the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
ZIP Codes in North Carolina
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)