Health Insurance Providers in Ohio
Ohio Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: OH vs. U.S. 
- Ohio residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $222 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Ohio was
6% less than the national average of $235.
- Ohio ranked 17th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Ohio
- Health Insurance Coverage: OH vs. U.S. 
- In Ohio, 89.0% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Ohio in 2013 was
4% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Ohio ranks 15th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Ohio
- 2012 OH Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Ohio residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $215.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in OH was
5% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Ohio ranked 17th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Ohio
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Ohio
Health Care Expenses in Ohio 
Residents in the state of Ohio spent an average of $7076 per capita on health care expenses, which was
4% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Ohio 
Residents of Ohio spent 41% on Hospital Care 21% on Physician and Clinical Services and 39% on everything else.
Additional information about Ohio
The population of the state of Ohio is approximately 11,536,504, which ranks 6th in the nation. 
OH Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Ohio, or for additional resources about Ohio Health Insurance, visit the Ohio Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)