Health Insurance Providers in Pennsylvania
Health Insurance in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: PA vs. U.S. 
- Pennsylvania residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $243 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Pennsylvania was
3% greater than the national average of $235.
- Pennsylvania ranked 30th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Pennsylvania
- Health Insurance Coverage: PA vs. U.S. 
- In Pennsylvania, 90.3% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Pennsylvania in 2013 was
6% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Pennsylvania ranks 10th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Pennsylvania
- 2012 PA Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Pennsylvania residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $239.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in PA was
5% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Pennsylvania ranked 33rd in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Pennsylvania
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Pennsylvania
Health Care Expenses in Pennsylvania 
Residents in the state of Pennsylvania spent an average of $7730 per capita on health care expenses, which was
13% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Pennsylvania 
Residents of Pennsylvania spent 37% on Hospital Care 22% on Physician and Clinical Services and 41% on everything else.
Additional information about Pennsylvania
The population of the state of Pennsylvania is approximately 12,702,379, which ranks 5th in the nation. 
PA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Pennsylvania, or for additional resources about Pennsylvania Health Insurance, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
ZIP Codes in Pennsylvania
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)