Health Insurance Providers in South Carolina
Health Insurance in South Carolina
South Carolina Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: SC vs. U.S. 
- South Carolina residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $227 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in South Carolina was
3% less than the national average of $235.
- South Carolina ranked 20th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in South Carolina
- Health Insurance Coverage: SC vs. U.S. 
- In South Carolina, 84.2% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in South Carolina in 2013 was
2% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- South Carolina ranks 37th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in South Carolina
- 2012 SC Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, South Carolina residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $224.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in SC was
1% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, South Carolina ranked 20th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for South Carolina
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in South Carolina
Health Care Expenses in South Carolina 
Residents in the state of South Carolina spent an average of $6323 per capita on health care expenses, which was
7% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in South Carolina 
Residents of South Carolina spent 40% on Hospital Care 22% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about South Carolina
About South Carolina
The population of the state of South Carolina is approximately 4,625,364, which ranks 24th in the nation. 
SC Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in South Carolina, or for additional resources about South Carolina Health Insurance, visit the South Carolina Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The average family of four in the United States spends about $20,728 per year on healthcare.
ZIP Codes in South Carolina
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)