Health Insurance Providers in South Dakota
Health Insurance in South Dakota
South Dakota Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: SD vs. U.S. 
- South Dakota residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $244 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in South Dakota was
4% greater than the national average of $235.
- South Dakota ranked 32nd in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in South Dakota
- Health Insurance Coverage: SD vs. U.S. 
- In South Dakota, 88.7% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in South Dakota in 2013 was
4% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- South Dakota ranks 19th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in South Dakota
- 2012 SD Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, South Dakota residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $231.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in SD was
2% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, South Dakota ranked 29th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for South Dakota
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in South Dakota
Health Care Expenses in South Dakota 
Residents in the state of South Dakota spent an average of $7056 per capita on health care expenses, which was
4% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in South Dakota 
Residents of South Dakota spent 45% on Hospital Care 21% on Physician and Clinical Services and 35% on everything else.
Additional information about South Dakota
About South Dakota
The population of the state of South Dakota is approximately 814,180, which ranks 44th in the nation. 
SD Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in South Dakota, or for additional resources about South Dakota Health Insurance, visit the South Dakota Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The average family of four in the United States spends about $20,728 per year on healthcare.
ZIP Codes in South Dakota
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)