Health Insurance Providers in Tennessee
Health Insurance in Tennessee
Tennessee Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: TN vs. U.S. 
- Tennessee residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $213 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Tennessee was
9% less than the national average of $235.
- Tennessee ranked 12th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Tennessee
- Health Insurance Coverage: TN vs. U.S. 
- In Tennessee, 86.1% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Tennessee in 2013 was
1% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Tennessee ranks 28th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Tennessee
- 2012 TN Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Tennessee residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $213.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in TN was
6% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Tennessee ranked 16th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Tennessee
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Tennessee
Health Care Expenses in Tennessee 
Residents in the state of Tennessee spent an average of $6411 per capita on health care expenses, which was
6% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Tennessee 
Residents of Tennessee spent 34% on Hospital Care 26% on Physician and Clinical Services and 40% on everything else.
Additional information about Tennessee
The population of the state of Tennessee is approximately 6,346,105, which ranks 15th in the nation. 
TN Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Tennessee, or for additional resources about Tennessee Health Insurance, visit the Tennessee Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)