Health Insurance Providers in Texas
Health Insurance in Texas
Texas Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: TX vs. U.S. 
- Texas residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $218 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Texas was
7% less than the national average of $235.
- Texas ranked 15th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Texas
- Health Insurance Coverage: TX vs. U.S. 
- In Texas, 77.9% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Texas in 2013 was
9% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Texas ranks 51st in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Texas
- 2012 TX Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Texas residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $218.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in TX was
4% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Texas ranked 18th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Texas
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Texas
Health Care Expenses in Texas 
Residents in the state of Texas spent an average of $5924 per capita on health care expenses, which was
13% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Texas 
Residents of Texas spent 36% on Hospital Care 26% on Physician and Clinical Services and 38% on everything else.
Additional information about Texas
The population of the state of Texas is approximately 25,145,561, which ranks 2nd in the nation. 
TX Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Texas, or for additional resources about Texas Health Insurance, visit the Texas Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)