Health Insurance Providers in Vermont
Health Insurance in Vermont
Vermont Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: VT vs. U.S. 
- Vermont residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $401 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Vermont was
71% greater than the national average of $235.
- Vermont ranked 48th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Vermont
- Health Insurance Coverage: VT vs. U.S. 
- In Vermont, 92.8% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Vermont in 2013 was
9% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Vermont ranks 4th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Vermont
- 2012 VT Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Vermont residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $376.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in VT was
66% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Vermont ranked 49th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Vermont
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Vermont
Health Care Expenses in Vermont 
Residents in the state of Vermont spent an average of $7635 per capita on health care expenses, which was
12% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Vermont 
Residents of Vermont spent 45% on Hospital Care 20% on Physician and Clinical Services and 36% on everything else.
Additional information about Vermont
The population of the state of Vermont is approximately 625,741, which ranks 49th in the nation. 
VT Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Vermont, or for additional resources about Vermont Health Insurance, visit the Vermont Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)