Health Insurance Providers in Virginia
Health Insurance in Virginia
Virginia Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: VA vs. U.S. 
- Virginia residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $229 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Virginia was
3% less than the national average of $235.
- Virginia ranked 22nd in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Virginia
- Health Insurance Coverage: VA vs. U.S. 
- In Virginia, 87.7% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Virginia in 2013 was
3% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Virginia ranks 22nd in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Virginia
- 2012 VA Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Virginia residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $231.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in VA was
2% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Virginia ranked 27th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Virginia
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Virginia
Health Care Expenses in Virginia 
Residents in the state of Virginia spent an average of $6286 per capita on health care expenses, which was
8% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Virginia 
Residents of Virginia spent 37% on Hospital Care 24% on Physician and Clinical Services and 39% on everything else.
Additional information about Virginia
The population of the state of Virginia is approximately 8,001,024, which ranks 11th in the nation. 
VA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Virginia, or for additional resources about Virginia Health Insurance, visit the Virginia Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)