Health Insurance Providers in Washington
Health Insurance in Washington
Washington Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: WA vs. U.S. 
- Washington residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $279 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Washington was
19% greater than the national average of $235.
- Washington ranked 41st in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Washington
- Health Insurance Coverage: WA vs. U.S. 
- In Washington, 86.0% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Washington in 2013 was
1% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Washington ranks 31st in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Washington
- 2012 WA Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Washington residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $259.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in WA was
14% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Washington ranked 38th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Washington
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Washington
Health Care Expenses in Washington 
Residents in the state of Washington spent an average of $6782 per capita on health care expenses, which was
0% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Washington 
Residents of Washington spent 36% on Hospital Care 27% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about Washington
The population of the state of Washington is approximately 6,724,540, which ranks 13th in the nation. 
WA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Washington, or for additional resources about Washington Health Insurance, visit the Washington Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)