Health Insurance Providers in West Virginia
Health Insurance in West Virginia
West Virginia Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: WV vs. U.S. 
- West Virginia residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $275 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in West Virginia was
17% greater than the national average of $235.
- West Virginia ranked 39th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in West Virginia
- Health Insurance Coverage: WV vs. U.S. 
- In West Virginia, 86.0% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in West Virginia in 2013 was
1% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- West Virginia ranks 32nd in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in West Virginia
- 2012 WV Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, West Virginia residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $276.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in WV was
22% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, West Virginia ranked 41st in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for West Virginia
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in West Virginia
Health Care Expenses in West Virginia 
Residents in the state of West Virginia spent an average of $7667 per capita on health care expenses, which was
13% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in West Virginia 
Residents of West Virginia spent 40% on Hospital Care 21% on Physician and Clinical Services and 39% on everything else.
Additional information about West Virginia
About West Virginia
The population of the state of West Virginia is approximately 1,852,994, which ranks 38th in the nation. 
WV Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in West Virginia, or for additional resources about West Virginia Health Insurance, visit the West Virginia Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
A 2009 U.S. study found approximately 62% of all personal bankruptcies are related to medical bills.
ZIP Codes in West Virginia
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)