Health Insurance Providers in Wisconsin
Health Insurance in Wisconsin
Wisconsin Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: WI vs. U.S. 
- Wisconsin residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $238 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Wisconsin was
1% greater than the national average of $235.
- Wisconsin ranked 27th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Wisconsin
- Health Insurance Coverage: WI vs. U.S. 
- In Wisconsin, 90.9% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Wisconsin in 2013 was
6% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Wisconsin ranks 7th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Wisconsin
- 2012 WI Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Wisconsin residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $231.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in WI was
2% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Wisconsin ranked 30th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Wisconsin
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Wisconsin
Health Care Expenses in Wisconsin 
Residents in the state of Wisconsin spent an average of $7233 per capita on health care expenses, which was
6% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Wisconsin 
Residents of Wisconsin spent 38% on Hospital Care 26% on Physician and Clinical Services and 36% on everything else.
Additional information about Wisconsin
The population of the state of Wisconsin is approximately 5,686,986, which ranks 19th in the nation. 
WI Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Wisconsin, or for additional resources about Wisconsin Health Insurance, visit the Wisconsin Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 1960, an average of $147 was spent per person on health care in the U.S. In 2009: $8,086/person.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)