Health Insurance Providers in Connecticut
Health Insurance in Connecticut
Connecticut Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: CT vs. U.S. 
- Connecticut residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $291 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Connecticut was
24% greater than the national average of $235.
- Connecticut ranked 42nd in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Connecticut
- Health Insurance Coverage: CT vs. U.S. 
- In Connecticut, 90.6% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Connecticut in 2013 was
6% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Connecticut ranks 9th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Connecticut
- 2012 CT Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Connecticut residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $277.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in CT was
22% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Connecticut ranked 42nd in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Connecticut
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Connecticut
Health Care Expenses in Connecticut 
Residents in the state of Connecticut spent an average of $8654 per capita on health care expenses, which was
27% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Connecticut 
Residents of Connecticut spent 31% on Hospital Care 23% on Physician and Clinical Services and 47% on everything else.
Additional information about Connecticut
The population of the state of Connecticut is approximately 3,574,097, which ranks 29th in the nation. 
CT Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Connecticut, or for additional resources about Connecticut Health Insurance, visit the Connecticut Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The average family of four in the United States spends about $20,728 per year on healthcare.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)