Health Insurance Providers in Wilmington, DE
Health Insurance in Wilmington, DE
Wilmington Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance: Wilmington vs. U.S. (2013) 
- Delaware residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $272.
- This average Health Insurance rate in Delaware was
16% greater than the national average of $235.
- Delaware ranked 38th in the nation in Health Insurance premiums in 2013
Health Insurance Coverage in Wilmington, DE
- Health Insurance Coverage: Wilmington vs. U.S. 
- In Delaware, 90.9% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Delaware in 2013 was
6% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Delaware ranks 8th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Premiums in Wilmington
- Health Insurance: Wilmington vs. U.S. (2012) 
- In 2012, Delaware residents paid average Health Insurance rates of $302.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance premium in DE was
33% greater than the national average of $227.
- Delaware ranked 45th in the nation in Health Insurance premiums in 2012.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Wilmington, DE
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Wilmington, DE
Health Care Expenses in Delaware 
Residents in the state of Delaware spent an average of $8480 per capita on health care expenses, which was
24% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Delaware 
Residents of Delaware spent 37% on Hospital Care 23% on Physician and Clinical Services and 40% on everything else.
Additional information about Delaware
The city of Wilmington is located in New Castle County in the state of Delaware and has an approximate population of 70,851. 
Wilmington, DE Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Wilmington, or for additional resources about Wilmington Health Insurance, visit the Delaware Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
If the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)