Health Insurance Providers in Florida
Health Insurance in Florida
Florida Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: FL vs. U.S. 
- Florida residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $233 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Florida was
1% less than the national average of $235.
- Florida ranked 24th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Florida
- Health Insurance Coverage: FL vs. U.S. 
- In Florida, 80.0% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Florida in 2013 was
6% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Florida ranks 49th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Florida
- 2012 FL Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Florida residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $226.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in FL was
0% less than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Florida ranked 21st in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Florida
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Florida
Health Care Expenses in Florida 
Residents in the state of Florida spent an average of $7156 per capita on health care expenses, which was
5% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Florida 
Residents of Florida spent 31% on Hospital Care 27% on Physician and Clinical Services and 42% on everything else.
Additional information about Florida
The population of the state of Florida is approximately 18,801,310, which ranks 3rd in the nation. 
FL Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Florida, or for additional resources about Florida Health Insurance, visit the Florida Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)