Health Insurance Providers in Maine
Health Insurance in Maine
Maine Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: ME vs. U.S. 
- Maine residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $336 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Maine was
43% greater than the national average of $235.
- Maine ranked 46th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Maine
- Health Insurance Coverage: ME vs. U.S. 
- In Maine, 88.8% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Maine in 2013 was
4% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Maine ranks 17th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Maine
- 2012 ME Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Maine residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $334.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in ME was
47% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Maine ranked 46th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Maine
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Maine
Health Care Expenses in Maine 
Residents in the state of Maine spent an average of $8521 per capita on health care expenses, which was
25% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Maine 
Residents of Maine spent 38% on Hospital Care 18% on Physician and Clinical Services and 43% on everything else.
Additional information about Maine
The population of the state of Maine is approximately 1,328,361, which ranks 40th in the nation. 
ME Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Maine, or for additional resources about Maine Health Insurance, visit the Maine Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 1960, an average of $147 was spent per person on health care in the U.S. In 2009: $8,086/person.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)