Health Insurance Providers in Salem, MA
Health Insurance in Salem, MA
Salem Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance: Salem vs. U.S. (2013) 
- Massachusetts residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $456.
- This average Health Insurance rate in Massachusetts was
94% greater than the national average of $235.
- Massachusetts ranked 50th in the nation in Health Insurance premiums in 2013
Health Insurance Coverage in Salem, MA
- Health Insurance Coverage: Salem vs. U.S. 
- In Massachusetts, 96.3% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Massachusetts in 2013 was
13% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Massachusetts ranks 1st in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Premiums in Salem
- Health Insurance: Salem vs. U.S. (2012) 
- In 2012, Massachusetts residents paid average Health Insurance rates of $454.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance premium in MA was
100% greater than the national average of $227.
- Massachusetts ranked 51st in the nation in Health Insurance premiums in 2012.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Salem, MA
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Salem, MA
Health Care Expenses in Massachusetts 
Residents in the state of Massachusetts spent an average of $9278 per capita on health care expenses, which was
36% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Massachusetts 
Residents of Massachusetts spent 38% on Hospital Care 22% on Physician and Clinical Services and 40% on everything else.
Additional information about Massachusetts
The city of Salem is located in Essex County in the state of Massachusetts and has an approximate population of 41,340. 
Salem, MA Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Salem, or for additional resources about Salem Health Insurance, visit the Massachusetts Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)