Health Insurance Providers in Laurel, MS
Health Insurance in Laurel, MS
Laurel Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance: Laurel vs. U.S. (2013) 
- Mississippi residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $213.
- This average Health Insurance rate in Mississippi was
9% less than the national average of $235.
- Mississippi ranked 13th in the nation in Health Insurance premiums in 2013
Health Insurance Coverage in Laurel, MS
- Health Insurance Coverage: Laurel vs. U.S. 
- In Mississippi, 82.9% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Mississippi in 2013 was
3% less than the national average of 85.5%.
- Mississippi ranks 42nd in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Premiums in Laurel
- Health Insurance: Laurel vs. U.S. (2012) 
- In 2012, Mississippi residents paid average Health Insurance rates of $210.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance premium in MS was
7% less than the national average of $227.
- Mississippi ranked 13th in the nation in Health Insurance premiums in 2012.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Laurel, MS
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Laurel, MS
Health Care Expenses in Mississippi 
Residents in the state of Mississippi spent an average of $6571 per capita on health care expenses, which was
4% less than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Mississippi 
Residents of Mississippi spent 42% on Hospital Care 21% on Physician and Clinical Services and 37% on everything else.
Additional information about Mississippi
The city of Laurel is located in Jones County in the state of Mississippi and has an approximate population of 18,540. 
Laurel, MS Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Laurel, or for additional resources about Laurel Health Insurance, visit the Mississippi Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Over 47 million nonelderly Americans did not have health insurance coverage in 2012.
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)