Health Insurance Providers in North Dakota
Health Insurance in North Dakota
North Dakota Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: ND vs. U.S. 
- North Dakota residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $277 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in North Dakota was
18% greater than the national average of $235.
- North Dakota ranked 40th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in North Dakota
- Health Insurance Coverage: ND vs. U.S. 
- In North Dakota, 89.6% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in North Dakota in 2013 was
5% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- North Dakota ranks 12th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in North Dakota
- 2012 ND Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, North Dakota residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $261.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in ND was
15% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, North Dakota ranked 39th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for North Dakota
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in North Dakota
Health Care Expenses in North Dakota 
Residents in the state of North Dakota spent an average of $7749 per capita on health care expenses, which was
14% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in North Dakota 
Residents of North Dakota spent 41% on Hospital Care 17% on Physician and Clinical Services and 42% on everything else.
Additional information about North Dakota
About North Dakota
The population of the state of North Dakota is approximately 672,591, which ranks 46th in the nation. 
ND Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in North Dakota, or for additional resources about North Dakota Health Insurance, visit the North Dakota Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 1960, an average of $147 was spent per person on health care in the U.S. In 2009: $8,086/person.
ZIP Codes in North Dakota
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)