Health Insurance Providers in Rhode Island
Health Insurance in Rhode Island
Rhode Island Health Insurance Rates
- Health Insurance Rates: RI vs. U.S. 
- Rhode Island residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $328 in 2013.
- This average Health Insurance premium in Rhode Island was
40% greater than the national average of $235.
- Rhode Island ranked 45th in the nation in Health Insurance rates in this year.
Health Insurance Coverage in Rhode Island
- Health Insurance Coverage: RI vs. U.S. 
- In Rhode Island, 88.4% of residents had health insurance in 2013.
- This health insurance coverage rate in Rhode Island in 2013 was
3% greater than the national average of 85.5%.
- Rhode Island ranks 20th in the nation in health insurance coverage.
More About Rates in Rhode Island
- 2012 RI Health Insurance Rates vs. U.S. 
- In 2012, Rhode Island residents paid average Health Insurance premiums of $339.
- This average 2012 Health Insurance rate in RI was
49% greater than the national average of $227.
- In 2012, Rhode Island ranked 47th in the nation in Health Insurance rates.
Featured Health Insurance Provider for Rhode Island
- Health insurance doesn't have to be complicated
- Get personalized recommendations
- 13,000+ plans from 180+ carriers
- Get started now to see the top health plans in your area
Health Insurance Costs in Rhode Island
Health Care Expenses in Rhode Island 
Residents in the state of Rhode Island spent an average of $8309 per capita on health care expenses, which was
22% greater than the national average of $6815.
Breakdown of Health Care Expenses in Rhode Island 
Residents of Rhode Island spent 37% on Hospital Care 19% on Physician and Clinical Services and 44% on everything else.
Additional information about Rhode Island
About Rhode Island
The population of the state of Rhode Island is approximately 1,052,567, which ranks 45th in the nation. 
RI Health Insurance
For more information about Health Insurance in Rhode Island, or for additional resources about Rhode Island Health Insurance, visit the Rhode Island Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 1960, an average of $147 was spent per person on health care in the U.S. In 2009: $8,086/person.
ZIP Codes in Rhode Island
1. ^ Kaiser Family Foundation (2013)
2. ^ United States Census Bureau (2013)
3. ^ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2009)
4. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)